The use of evidence-based futures thinking by combining the methodologies with futures analysis in developing strategies and policies which are resilient to different future outcomes as well as exploring future possibilities.We do this in three ways:
- Foresight Projects: Looking at major issues 10-20 years into the future, which provide futures and evidence analysis to fill a specific gap in existing policy understanding;
- Horizon & Trend Scanning: Framework in continuous monitoring of trends to pick up weak signals and emerging issues;
- Capacity building: Training, toolkits and networks to strengthen futures thinking capacity and share best practice within and across government.
Our work will be used to stimulate & inform the development of more effective strategies, policies and priorities at regional, national and international levels.
- A tool to gather a broad range of information, megatrends about emerging issues and trends. It examines potential opportunities and likely future developments.
- Projects utilizing a systematic process to organize a long term thinking process, bringing together trans-disciplinary inputs to create a better understanding of the drivers of change & the megatrends as well as its impact that will enable us to have a new understanding about the future.
- Enabling the mainstreaming of foresight findings, tools and methodologies. Promoting the sharing of knowledge and information as well as a reference point for foresight activities in Malaysia
- Creation of network for foresight aficionados and experts. Leveraging on international expertise and promoting Malaysia’s competencies in foresight internationally