myForesight® undertake projects that draw upon a range of disciplines and deal with key issues for the economy, society and environment; where science and technology can offer valuable insights & solutions. By looking ahead further than is traditional we want to assist the Government to strike the right balance between long-term thinking & tackling issues that need immediate attention. Our goal is that any Foresight project must:
- Looking ahead at least 10 years;
- Future-oriented and based upon science & technology;
- Trans-disciplinary, and policy issues that cut across ministries/departmental boundaries;
- Can produce results that can influence Government policy;
- Will not duplicate work taking place elsewhere;
- Has support in and commitment from key stakeholders.
Ideas may arise from within myForesight® itself, as a result of consultation with government departments or from discussions with the technology communities.
The Foresight Governance Board also feeds into the process and will provide insights into project priorities.