1. What is Foresight?
Foresight is a process or tool that provides in-depth knowledge and understanding on future studies.
2. Where can we apply Foresight in?
Foresight can be usedfor the following, but not limited to;
- Identify future opportunities, barriers & risks
- Critical thinking into long term development
- Participatory engagement
- Shaping the future through policy intervention & creation
3. What are the Foresight Methodologies?
The main foresight methodologies can be grouped under:
- Qualitative methods – E.g. Brainstorming, Interviews, SWOT analysis.
- Quantitative methods – E.g. Benchmarking, Modelling Patent analysis etc.
- Semi-quantitative –E.g. Delphi, Road mapping, Stakeholder analysis etc.
4. What is the Foresight Process?
- Foresight is a process that involves systematic, participatory, and prospective to foresee the future.
- It combines several methodologies in a systematic way and brings together trans-disciplinary inputs on the drivers of change, megatrends, and impact that will enable us to instigate and understand the future.
5. How is Foresight useful?
- Foresight is an important tool for supporting government and industry decisions by providing deeper understandings.
- Foresight also provides conceptualizing data that can be interpreted in a prospective manner to shape the future.
myFORESIGHT® (Malaysian Foresight Institute)
1. What is myForesight ®?
- (myForesight®) (logo) is how we project the Malaysianl Foresight Institute of Malaysia
- It is a pioneering national level strategic engagement platform dedicated to Foresight in the economic perspective and other issues that are affecting Malaysia and the world.
2. What is the role of myForesight®?
myForesight® was established to facilitate the understanding of problems, goals and development options that are expected to emerge in the future.
3. What is the main objective of myForesight®?
To provide a common platform for sharing experiences, insights and expertise on future studies locally and globally.
4. What are the main activities of myForesight®?
- Mega trends and issues scanning: A tool to gather a broad range of information on emerging issues and trends.
- Foresight & future studies: A systematic process to organize a long term thinking process.
- Publications, online portal, and workshop: Enables to mainstream foresight findings, tools and methodologies.
- Networking, Linkages & affiliations: Creation of network for foresight aficionados and experts.
5. Why is myForesight® important for Malaysia?
- Promotes the sharing of knowledge and information to the industry and education sector
- Provides a reference point for foresight activities in Malaysia
- Leverages on international expertise and promote Malaysia’s competencies in foresight internationally