MIGHT Consultation is a key engagement platform for Malaysia’s high-tech industry stakeholders. Devoted to enhancing Malaysia’s holistic development in various technology development areas, MIGHT Consultation 2018 (MC 2018) plays a strategic role in shaping Malaysia’s future by setting an action agenda to strengthen Malaysia’s competitiveness. Despite a host of challenges, there’s never been more reason to be optimistic about the road ahead and this year, MC 2018 fully embraces the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). To help catalyse progress, MC 2018 brings together thought leaders to identify the emerging forces transforming the high-tech industry. Loudly championing them helps to galvanise change and foster alignment on mission across diverse stakeholder groups.
MC 2018 is an innovation platform for :
• Creating an idea factory (Strategic inputs for the government and high-tech industries)
• Initiating policy decisions and leadership for innovation and sustainable development
• Addressing technology gaps
• Identifying ground breaking high-tech innovation areas
Who is involved?
Might Consultation throughout the years
Throughout the years, MIGHT Consultation has touched various development areas to raise the odds of success for Malaysia’s high-tech industry. Collaborative efforts between the public and private sector should be developed in tandem. In an industry this big, the development of national industry blueprints and fl agship programmes go a long way to accelerate the pace of change.
From 1993, we align Malaysia’s high-tech industry manoeuvres and facilitative governance to deliver great results.
• From Global Smart Partnership Dialogue in 1993 to the establishment of Global Science and Innovation Advisory Council
• From National Aerospace Blueprint in 1997 to the development of Future Rail 2030;
• From Herbal Product Blueprint in early 2000 to Malaysia Biomass Initiative 2010;
• From Industrialized Building System Roadmap in 2000 to the Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Industry Strategic Plan 2020;
• Capturing growth opportunities in biotechnology, nanotechnology, composite technology and beyond.