4th – 6th August 2019 (Grand Lexis, Port Dickson), 7th – 9th August 2019 (Thistle Hotel, Port Dickson)
In conjunction with the development of the 12th Malaysia Plan, MIGHT was recently involved in joint-effort with various ministries as a working group member and content contributor. For this, MIGHT-myForesight® was engaged to facilitate two workshops with the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) and the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). The two separate workshops were held in Port Dickson.
The workshops brought together 60 participants from various government agencies, industry associations and academia to prepare groundwork in relation to distributive trade and manufacturing. As part of the strategy formulation, discussions on distributive trade were divided into three clusters as follows:
1. Modernisation and technology adoption
2. Professionalism and productivity
3. Balancing environment and empowering consumerism
Meanwhile, the MITI (Manufacturing) discussion group looked into the following agendas:
4. Setting national manufacturing aspirations 2025
5. Translating sub-sector issues & challenges into national key challenges
6. Defining key strategies (government responses)
Finally, the outcomes from these workshops were then submitted to the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MEA) for further deliberation on the 12th Malaysia Plan development.